Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Blog

Well, after much deliberation and procrastination, I decided to jump into the blogging world. Here is my first blog. I hope that it only gets better from here and that I can actually write and post things that people would want to read. I guess we'll see how it goes.
My hope is that family members and friends will be able to check this blog out and see how the Brady family is doing and what we are up to. We don't do much, but it can still be fun to check in and see how others are doing.
We currently live in West Jordan, UT and have been there for over 4 years and plan on being here for much longer. I work as a social worker for the State of Utah with DCFS, I am on the Professional Development Team and I develop trainings to improve caseworker practice. I help train the different workers throughout the state of Utah and help them improve their skills. It's a job that I enjoy doing. I also work 4 hours a week at 24 Hour Fitness, so that my wife and I can get a free gym membership (I got tired of paying a monthly fee). I also work part time at the US Post Office doing data entry for 16 hours a week. It's a mindless, boring job; but it's part time on the weekends and it pays decent for a skill-less part time job.
My wife, Rachelle, still works for Jetblue and has been there for a number of years. She works on the Getaways Team and is involved in helping customers book vacations. She works part time from home and enjoys it. Rachelle is a scrapbook extraordinaire and enjoys hanging out with friends and family while scrapbooking. She is involved in sewing custom costumes for the children so that they can have cool Halloween costumes. Rachelle does a great job at doing these costumes that the kids not only wear for Halloween, but are able to wear them all year round. This year's costumes are Star Wars based.
If you don't know us well, we are big Star Wars fans. This year the Halloween costumes are based on the new Clone Wars cartoon movie and TV series from the Star Wars universe. My 7 year old will be Anakin Skywalker and my 4 year old daughter will be Ahsoka Tano, Anakin's padawan (apprentice). We will post pictures as soon as the costumes are complete.
Aidan is 7 years old and is currently in second grade. He enjoys school and is having success in school. He is a good reader and speller and even enjoys math! He is becoming more and more social and getting lots of new friends.
Amelia is 4 years old and has started pre-school this year. She is learning all the fun things that pre-schoolers learn; ABC's, numbers, colors. Amelia had already learned these concepts prior to pre-school, but is now learning how these letters and numbers are important in our lives.
We have a dog, Chewbacca. He's annoying.
At this time my mother is living with us and has been in our home for the past three months. She just started working again and got a teaching job in a different part of the state, so she will be moving out and starting a new chapter in her life soon. We have enjoyed having her around and the kids have gotten to know their grandma and have had fun with her and her cats. Rachelle and I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to know her and to have her willing to babysit while we go out and are able do things as a couple again. That has been very nice.
So this has been a brief snapshot of our life at this time. Like I said, I'm new to this and I know it's not a very entertaining blog at the moment. I hope to change that over the next few blogs and get into a rhythm so that people will come check out the Brady Bevy blog. Thanks for checking this out and hopefully we'll see you next time!

2 comments:

  1. wow, i'm excited. Art goes, 'I'm glad they didn't title it "the Brady Bunch".' haha

    And star wars huh? Who woulda guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun to see pics and here how you guys are doing. You are such a beautiful family. I couldn't believe how grown up the kids are! It will be fun to visit your site every once in a while. Love you guys, Angie

    ReplyDelete