Hey everyone - I just remembered I have a blog! Ha ha, just kidding. I figured I'd better write something.
If you don't know, I spend most of my online writing and updating on Facebook or Twitter. So if you're not on Facebook, you probably think that I have died as I haven't updated for a few months. But most everything I've done for the past few months is on Facebook.
For those that don't know what Facebook or Twitter is: Facebook is like this blog except for more interaction between people and it's easier to update what's going on in life by using short statements or a paragraph and you can use lots of pictures. Usually I update Facebook two or three times a day, while with this blog.....well you know.
Twitter is an even shorter way to post statements of what you're up to. You have to do it in less than 140 characters! It's actually quite fun and creative. You can also post pictures on Twitter in a roundabout way. What you do is post an internet link of another internet site that has the picture on it, and users can click on the link to see the picture.
I mostly use Twitter to keep up on breaking news, Star Wars news and events (cause I'm a Star Wars fan if you didn't know by now), updates about authors and books that they have written or are writing (that I am interested in), and things like that. You could also use Twitter to keep in contact with friends and family and their day to day doings, but none of my friends or family are interested in using Twitter and they stick to Facebook.
One more thing, if you're not on Facebook and you're a family member of mine-you should join! As the majority of my cousins, my mom, and some aunts are on Facebook and it's good to stay up to date that way. You would be able to quickly get linked up to everyone and start chatting away real soon. 'Cause face it - writing letters is too much of a bother nowadays! And for better or worse, phone contact is now reserved for special occasions.
One more thing, my son Aidan is getting baptized this weekend and guess what you can read all about it on Facebook! Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment